How to Prepare Your Home for
Professional Real Estate Photography
Your Real Estate Agent has invested in Professional Photography to market your home. Professionals know over 90% of home buyers are using the internet to begin their search, and professional photographs garner 61% more views than others. But, I need your help in order to prepare for your photography appointment.
The photo shoot should take no more than 2 hours. I will be photographing the exterior and interior including all major rooms. Preparation of your home is vital prior to my arrival. The following check list will help represent your home in the best light possible.
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished as they do not photograph well
- Throw rugs and runners in entryways, kitchens and bathrooms should be removed
- Replace any burned out lightbulbs in fixtures and lamps, preferably the same type and style
- Remove piles of newspapers and magazines
- Hide all stereo/TV remote controls
- Conceal exposed cables as best you can (cable coax, electrical cables)
- Remove clutter and personal photos from bookshelves, tables and cabinets
- Dining room-Consider a centerpiece or candles
- Bedrooms-Make all beds with careful attention to detail and remove all bedside clutter-magazines, books, pictures etc.
- Bathrooms-Remove all personal items off of counters (i.e: toothbrush, soap dish, makeup etc.) Remove shampoo and other products from shower/tub area. Clean mirrors and hang fresh matching towels
- Kitchen-Clear off countertops and remove small appliances. Remove ALL photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator. Clear the top of refrigerator.
- Exterior-Remove all vehicles from driveway and do not park directly in front of house. Move garbage cans out of sight, remove all garden tools, garden hose, children’s toys. Mow and rake yard and sweep sidewalks, driveways and patio areas.
Final touches. Turn all interior lights on. Turn all ceiling fans off. Open all curtains or blinds. Turn all TV’s off. And, contain all pets in the garage or out of sight. I love animals, the potential buyer may not. If your real estate agent ordered “Twilight” photography (exterior photograph after sundown), turn all interior AND exterior lights on. If your home has any unique features not readily apparent, please bring them to my or your agents attention. Your cooperation in preparing your home for sale is vital for the quickest sale and for the best price.